Nevada offers outstanding higher education programs that are affordable and close to home. With two state universities, a new state college, four comprehensive community colleges, private colleges, and career schools, Nevada higher education provides a broad range of options.
State financial aid programs
- Governor Guinn Millennium Scholarship Program offers funding to high school students who meet eligibility requirements and plan to attend a Nevada college.
- Nevada GEAR UP helps economically disadvantaged middle school and high school students prepare for higher education.
- WICHE Student Exchange offers Nevada residents the opportunity to attend select out-of-state schools at a special reduced tuition rate.
- Tribal Scholarships are available for Native American students. Contact your tribe or nation for details.
- Leveraging Educational Assistance Program (LEAP)
A joint state-federal program that provides grants up to $5,000 for Nevada residents with financial need. Funding is limited. Check with your school's financial aid office.
To qualify for federal and other sources of financial aid, you must file the FAFSA. Check with your financial aid administrator for school deadlines.
Benefits for veterans
Nevada higher education agencies
Nevada higher education
Four-year state colleges and universities
Use Sallie Mae's School Search Tool to compare colleges and universities on your list.
Career exploration programs