Georgia offers a variety of financial aid programs such as grants, scholarships, and other awards for students who want to further their education beyond high school.
- Georgia’s HOPE Program (Helping Outstanding Pupils Educationally) is Georgia's unique scholarship and grant program that rewards students with financial assistance in degree, diploma, and certificate programs at eligible Georgia public and private colleges and universities, and public technical colleges.
- Governors Scholarship Program recognizes Georgia's high school valedictorians and STAR students and encourage them to attend a public or private college or university in Georgia by providing scholarship funds.
- Charles McDaniel Teachers Scholarship recognizes and rewards outstanding Georgia college juniors and seniors seeking a teaching degree at a public college in Georgia. Established in honor and memory of Dr. Charles McDaniel, former State Superintendent of Schools.
- Other Georgia grant programs
- Governors Intern Program provides the best, brightest, and most ambitious college and law students with practical professional experience before entering the working world.
To qualify for federal and other sources of financial aid, you must file the FAFSA. Check with your financial aid administrator for school deadlines.
- Georgia Military Scholarship offers a full four-year scholarship. Recipients agree to be a member of the Cadet Corps at North Georgia College and State University to serve at least four years in the Georgia Army National Guard as a commissioned officer after graduation.
- Tuition Assistance (Georgia Air National Guard) offers up to 100% tuition is paid, not to exceed $2,790 per school year, $1,395 per semester or the rate of $116.25 per semester hour. Rate per quarter hour not to exceed $77.40.
- National Guard Service Cancelable Loan Fund provides up to 100% of the tuition charges; not to exceed $3,643 per school year, $1,821 dollars per semester maximum. Soldiers with a baccalaureate degree are not eligible for this program.
- Georgia HERO Scholarship Program was created to provide educational grant assistance to members of the Georgia National Guard and U.S. Military Reservists who served in combat zones or the children of such members of the Georgia National Guard and U.S. Military Reserves. The grant is to attend an approved school for a maximum of up to four award years in the sum of $2,000 per award year.
- Georgia Troops to Teachers assists eligible military and reserve personnel transition to a new career as public school teachers in schools serving students from low-income families.